Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Animation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 29-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
MONFOODOO
Registered Member

Default help on object alignment with rotation

i'm back.i'm new to animation(have some experiance from Bryce and Flash),but nothing difficult.
so heres my problem,all sections are parented up and rotate independent at the bolts.i can't seem to figure how to make the
shock struts and upper casings to keep in alignment while changing the positions of the side structures. i figure theres a way
since trying to align at a keyframe doesn't work.
i've got all the resources at hand,and LW has a million things to deal with,but nothing quite explains what i need.
i left a pair of shocks open so you can see what i have.
i didn't know if i needed it,but theres a master null in there some where.
thanks again scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hk-52-j.jpg (54.2 KB, 24 views)
MONFOODOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
kumar
Full Access Member

Hmm, guess there is an expression to do that,,,, but thats difficult even for me. Guess you can try the follower,,, but thats bones stuff.... Hmm man i am scratching... Guess parent them to another null and parent the null to the joints rotate null.... Either that or expressions.... Hehe hope someone answers you,, Good Luck.... And i will see where is the hip placement expression.... Must be here somewhere....
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #3
MONFOODOO
Registered Member

Back! i figured it out after trial and error.i placed a null at the base bolts of the shock struts,then put 2 bones in the tube(a small one at the bolt head,a long one the lenght of the tube)
and targeted the long one to the null below.same with the struts.
now when the frame sections move the shocks compress and expand .
this is prob no big deal to most,but sitting here trying to figure it out is happiness to me!
thanks scott
MONFOODOO is offline   Reply With Quote