Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Fade
Full Access Member

Question Mysterious Missing Render Options

Hi,

I've created a scene that contains a lot of different movie clips running at the same time. Normally I render scenes out to avi and use the cinepak codec.

However, with this particular scene whenever I choose 'options' in the render screen, its not showing any compression codecs to choose from, all i'm getting is the option for 'Full Frames (Uncompressed)', which would probably be gigantic. I can choose something other than avi, like quicktime, but i much prefer to use avi, as i did test quicktime and it didn't look too good.

So, why are the other codecs not showing up? It seems to be only this scene that is affected, i've checked with some other scenes and they give me all the codecs the choose from, cinepak, divx etc. What gives?

If i can't get the codecs to show up for this scene i'm going to have to render each frame out as an individual image and compile them all in a video package, which i'd much rather not have to do.

Thanks for any help with this!
Attached Images
File Type: gif options.gif (5.6 KB, 27 views)
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
R4s1n
Full Access Member

One question: Are all the movie clips, that you are compiling, the same format, like AVI?
Old 04-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #3
Fade
Full Access Member

Yeah, they are all avi's, and they were all made using the divx 5.0.2 codec. Theres tons of them in the anim though, i actually got to the point where Lightwave wouldn't let me use any more as textures. I have successfully managed to render out in quicktime, but thats all.
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote