Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2004, 03:09 AM   #1
pixelone
Registered Member

Default OCEAN / MOUNTAIN IN SAME SCENE

Hey, Guys here is my mountain. I decided I wanted it to be snow covered. I still think it could use some more texturing for it to look a bit more realistic. It will be from a distance so maybe not.

HERE IS MY NEW PROBLEM:

Now that I have the Mountain and the Ocean How in God green earth do I combine them in the same scene. I tried load scene with the ocean scene open. It did not display the way I wanted it to. I tried load Object in the same scene, But all it did was load the original object I started with and not the one I modified in the scene.

I need help.

To make it more clear:

HOW DO I LOAD THE OCEAN AND THE MOUNTAIN IN THE SAME SCENE?

Thank you guys again.. Kumar big ups man...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mountain_frist_render_snow.jpg (566.4 KB, 75 views)
pixelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #2
kumar
Full Access Member

Ok, you should remember that if you do any surfacing changes and so forth in a scene in Layout then you should save the object or save transformed object to aviod losing the data once you close the scene. There is a command to load things from a scene,,, hmm dont have LW here,, but its load object from scene. All you have to do is remember which layer is your object that you want to load. Or you can load all of them. Try the menu and you will see them there. You can do the same for lights and so forth,,, all under the same load menu,,, options are there. Nice geo on the mountain. Hehe think its crumple,,, fractal nosie or turbulence with higher small power. The texturing could use more work.

Good Luck,
Kumar
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #3
pixelone
Registered Member

Default RE:Mountain/Ocean same scene

Thank Kumar, yeah texture could use some more. I will apply the wisdowm you have bestowed on me.. thank you..

I did save everything cause I am paranoid at times, so I will go back try the different load options.. After all if I mess up I can just close out and not save.. lol

Until them..
pixelone is offline   Reply With Quote