Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 19-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
R4s1n
Full Access Member

Default LScript Renderer

Alright since i have a slow PC, i have been trying to script up something that will enable me to render a couple of images without me being there. Like three images from three different cameras. This sounds and is very confusing so that's why i am asking for all your help .

I want all Images to follow each other in order from camera to camera.

My script in Layout as of now.

SelectItem 30000000
RenderFrame
SelectItem 30000001
RenderFrame
SelectItem 30000002
RenderFrame

This is a start because nothing is linked yet. The 1st, 3rd, and 5th line contains the camera's item name the rest are the F9 functions.
What i want them to be is something along these lines...
-If Camera = 30000000, then RenderFrame-
I've done basic scripting in school but that's been a while ago so i don't know this too well.

Well i just confused the heck out of myself trying to write this the best way that i think it should be, but if anyone can relate and help me with this then i would be really happy .
Old 09-12-2004, 01:51 AM   #2
ranhell
Registered Member

Default Camera

I dont no much about Lscripts, But maybe this will help? So you want three different camera angels in the duration of your animation with out having to manually setup frame ranges for your different cameras. hears an example. Set your camera were you want it then set your first key frame at 0 for your camera and then set it again on frame 30. now your camera should have the same position at frame 0 and 30. at frame 31 make yor new camera angle. now if you play your animation you should see your camera change angels for you. repeat those steps in your frames were ever you want them. So now you can walk away from you machine and let it render.
ranhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
R4s1n
Full Access Member

Not sure if i explained it right or not, but the result that i need is 3 renders from 3 cameras (one from each camera). And i'm trying to make them render in sequence so i don't have to be around to switch the camera and hit F9. If i had a book or something that would teach me the basics of Lscript then maybe i could come up with something like that. Another option would be for me to look through a couple of Lscripts to see how they are done and then maybe figure out how to do the rest.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:28 AM   #4
ranhell
Registered Member

Default sorry

I know they have some videos about Lscrips for free at newtek.com they might help?
ranhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 AM   #5
R4s1n
Full Access Member

I've went over those a couple of times, but they don't explain how to actually script using c++ or something.