Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2003, 10:31 AM   #1
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

Default Feb 2003 Challenge and 3d models winners!

Now for the winners of the February challenge and the 3D model competition winners.

First of I have to say many thanks to all those that entered! A good first competition, it was our first so a few hiccups along the way but we will get better - stricter rules will be applied in future competitions.

The Normal winner for the February "war of the worlds" challenge is:

Kvaalen - Now this is how the challenge should be done! Showing your progress through out... and a very nice finish - Great work!!

The Noobie competition winner goes to:

wozzyke - You have made many changes after receiving good advice and therefore have bettered your image - Well done!

------------------------------------------------------

Alright, now for the 3d model competition.

The winner of the 3d model competition goes to:

Buco - Great job on your plane dude! Also you showed sketches and your showed progression which is most important!! This saves people from just posting allready finished scenes. Great work! Congratulations.

Also, for the winners of the 3d model competition, and the February challenge (normal and newbie winner), your VIP points will be added within the next day or two. Thanks again to all of you for participating and I hope you decide to join the future challenges.

Model rules:

The model needs to be zipped up with "any" instructions / read me file / copyright issues etc, and uploaded to the models area.

It needs to read that "you" give permission for "this model" to be hosted on the Simply Lightwave servers for free download for the users of Simply Lightwave for "non commercial" use only and also to include your name and address if someone wants to contact you over it.

Please note - we can not remove the models after they have been sent as this is a competition. You enter - you win - you are rewarded.

So please make sure this is not going to be an issue "before" entering

//SLW Crew
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Kevin

well done to you all!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
buco
Full Access Member

Smile

Weee! Really happy for this! Thanks to everybody that made all this possible (including people that helped me with their comments). It was an exciting contest: maybe not thousands of people (it was the first one) but good entries. So my congratulations to Kvaalen and Wozzy and to the other contestants; see you in the next ones
My model is ready for the upload, I've only to write the txt file and I'll post it (I think this night..)
Old 03-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
Erwin
Full Access Member

Congrats to all the winners! Well done!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:06 AM   #5
Mark
Super Moderator

Congratulations guys.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #6
threedfanatic
Registered Member

Congradts guys, very nice.
threedfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:25 AM   #7
Kevin

right guys -you VIP points have now been added!

Well done and enjoy
Old 05-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #8
Kvaalen
Full Access Member

Thanks every one.
And we don't get a picture under our user name like at SM? :p
Old 05-03-2003, 02:29 PM   #9
Kevin

LOL, I havnt added the vb hack yet but when this happens ...of course you can have a little old winners badge
Old 06-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
wozzyke
Full Access Member

Thanks everyone, I hope I can join this month but I dont think so, too much work on an others contest with great prizes (Ozone 2 and Aura). I hope much ppl join the next contests. Really fun. Especialy for newer ppl like me, I learned a lot during the challenges.

wozz
wozzyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #11
Kevin

Originally posted by wozzyke
Thanks everyone, I hope I can join this month but I dont think so, too much work on an others contest with great prizes (Ozone 2 and Aura). I hope much ppl join the next contests. Really fun. Especialy for newer ppl like me, I learned a lot during the challenges.

wozz
yes unfortunatly we can not compete on the "prize" level yet as we dont have the finance... but we hope to soon
Old 06-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #12
Kvaalen
Full Access Member

It is sad that no one is joining, it's no fun alone.
I am wondering if the Video Game Character is a little too difucult for the biginers and therefore no one is joining it.

I only have time for one challenge, so I choose the phone one since I couldn't think of a good game character.

But anyway... get to my point:
Come on guys join the challenge!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #13
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

yeah.. give Kvaalen some challenge guys!!
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:46 PM   #14
buco
Full Access Member

I should find the time to do at least one contest. The problem is that within 15 days I'd live for Australia and I've ten days left.. Maybe I could post something in the videogames contest so at the moment the winners are Buco and Kwaalen . Ok, joking..