Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 24-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
moenzi
Full Access Member

Default logo particles

hi,
I've got a problem
I want to make a animation of a logo with particles and hypervoxels.
I want to make logo look like a sort of mercury and in the beginning of the they have to be drops. After a litle while they come together and form the logo (a litle like the bad terminator)
I hope you understand my intentions an give some tips or tutorials
here is a shot of my logo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pasego3d.jpg (39.4 KB, 95 views)
moenzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
moenzi
Full Access Member

does anyone know how to help me please
mark? philip? kevin? anyone?
Old 25-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
Mark
Super Moderator

I've been trying to see if I can unearth an old thread from the Lightwave discussion boards on Yahoo. I seem to recall there was someone asked pretty much the same question back then...

I can't remember the exact steps that were quoted, but it worked something along the lines of:

(1) Clone your object and use it as an HV emitter - make it unseen by camera.

(2) Get your emitter set up so that the particles are produced going from a solid logo to a completely shattered one - you'll want to ensure you have plenty of particles, and give them 100% birthed at the point you want your object to start breaking up.

(3) Surface the particles with suitable HV surfaces.

(4) At the start of the anim, make your particles 100% dissolved, and your main object 100% visible.

(5) At the point you want to start breaking up the object, start the HVs moving and swap the dissolves over the course of a few frames...

Essentially you're performing the animation backwards - going from a solid to the broken object.

Hope this helps. If I can find the original thread, I'll post the details...

---
[EDIT] Ahh, NewtekPro magazine issue #7 also had something about this in... Here's a link to the zip files (look about 1/2way down the page - the effervescent logos)... : http://www.newtekpro.com/Bonus/Number7/index.htm

Hmmm, there's also a plugin PG_MELT_FE that might do what you need. The site is in Japanese though so it'll take a little while to find it: http://kaniserver.homeip.net/~konoha/psycho/

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
moenzi
Full Access Member

thanks mark, but I've got a problem Ive I make the object unseen by the camera I can't see my particles also
I cloned the object than press p and under tap dynamics I click emitter In hv surfacing I make a surface but when I make the object unseen I cant see anny particles
what am I doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unseen by camera.jpg (16.5 KB, 76 views)
Old 26-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #5
moenzi
Full Access Member

here is is the object seen by the camera
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seen by camera.jpg (51.4 KB, 75 views)
Old 26-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
Mark
Super Moderator

Ahh... Right, my bad. If the object is set to 100% dissolve then the object itself won't be seen, but the particles will.

So, you'll need to swap my suggestions around - ie: Make the particulate object unseen by camera and then when you want it visible, make it seen by camera but set 100% dissolve - instant particles without a visible emitter.

The other option would be to make the proxy objects surfaces all 100% transparent, but you would probably be looking at much increased render times...
Old 27-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
moenzi
Full Access Member

thanks mark it is realy starting to work out I'm now in the midle of rendering the animation
Old 27-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #8
Mark
Super Moderator

Cool. Don't forget to post a link to the finished animation on here
Old 27-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
moenzi
Full Access Member

say mark do you know how to use jolt! to make a good camera shake? I can't find a tutorial.
If it's finished I will put a link here
Old 27-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
Mark
Super Moderator

Unfortunately I don't as I've never really used it.

There is a tutorial in the book "Lightwave 6.5 Magic" on page 203-205 where they're looking at HV explosions. That's the only tutorial I have ever seen on the subject though.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
kumar
Full Access Member

Ok guess i am replying after some time,, Nextlimit's RealFlow is a nice fluid and dynamics stand alone program that works with most 3D app. They even have a evaluation version which does not restrict much and its not on a time basis...

The feature... they have is like,,, Bitmap... Magic... stuff like that to make melted logos... and stuff.. You might want to try out the evaluation like what i am doing now.

Off hand all i can say is its fast and has a lot more power than just HyperVoxels. But its not stable with version 8.... but guess its better with 8.2 ... Then again might be just me. A nice thing i like is the option to turn your particals to mesh so that render time is faster and you might have more options... Like caustics and so on.

Ok good luck,,, and dont forget to download the Lightwave plugins from http://www.nextlimit.com for you to work with Lightwave.
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote