Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
kori
Registered Member

Default slow interface

I was going through some of the objects that were in the objects file folder, and my interface has slowed down to a crawl. I tried it in all setting, including wireframe. Using ver 8.2

For example in the Space folder I opened eagle23, and I have to wait every time I move it for the computer to catch up. It take several seconds before anything happens.

I have never had this happen with any 3d program before. I am using a four hundred dollar display card, so I figure it must be something I have set wrong in the LW display window. PC 1800 mhz cpu computer with 1500 megs ram.

Any ideas?

Kori

Last edited by kori; 10-02-2005 at 06:18 PM.
kori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Mark
Super Moderator

Nope. Runs like a dog on my machine too (3Ghz, 1Gig RAM, GeForce 5800Fx 128Meg card)...

Although I think the fact that the object is over 120,000 polygons and a lot of image maps may also have something to do with it...

[EDIT] And the fact that there's over 60,000 of those polys are subpatched...

Switch the patch divisions right down to zero for large objects and you'll find your interface come back to life...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote