Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 24-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
Nalyd
Full Access Member

Default McLaren Good, Bad?

I have recently gotten into Lightwave and need some help with techniques. I have made a car which you can see below using my own idea of how to make it. I have read a lot of threads saying how great the McLaren tut is, but I am a bit skeptical about the cost. I am only a sophomore in highschool, so I can't exactly put the techniques I learn into a job to make the money back. But i do have the money. I just need to know whether or not I should invest in this quite pricey tut.

-Dylan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mclaren_complete.jpg (121.9 KB, 58 views)
Nalyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
colto
Registered Member

Well how did you go about modelling the car that you did there? There are several different methods of modelling cars. If you haven't used splines before I would recommend the tutorial. Though I have not tried the tutorial myself I have heard great things about it and want it badly. I too am a sophmore in high school and have the same problem. I would go for it. With Philip's tutorials you can never go wrong!

colto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
Nalyd
Full Access Member

Alright, I think I will get the points, thanks for the input. I modeled that car starting out with the pen tool, outlining the car. From there I just worked outward, smoothshifting and beveling for detail and whatnot.
Nalyd is offline   Reply With Quote