Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 16-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Default Any admins out there???

On Monday I ordered 6 DVDs (woohoo!!!), then looked in the "My VIP Downloads" section and noticed (excitedly) that the DVDs I ordered were also available for download! Unfortunately, when I tried to download the third part to the "Shiny Metal Things" tutorial, I was greeted with the "Insuficient points" message.

To my horror, I had used my last 5 points to download tutorials that I had JUST ordered! As soon as this happened, I went back to the "My VIP Downloads" section and noticed that all the DVDs I ordered were there EXCEPT for "Shiny Metal Things", and "Candle Lit Scene".

I immediately emailed david (at the email address listed in the "reciept" email sent to me, david@simply3dworld.com... by the way, simply3dworld.com also doesn't work...), and recieved no reply. The next day I sent a PM to David and recieved no reply. The NEXT DAY I PM'd "Tubby" (who had answered a DVD question for me earlier) and recieved no reply. You can imagine that this has me concerned. Not only have I used 5 points for tutorials that I already have coming, I also don't have access to two of the tutorials that I ordered. My last resort was to post this on the forum, hoping that SOMEONE could help me.

My final issue, I didn't recieve any confirmation that my DVDs have shipped... Can anyone enlighten me on this one?

Please, a little help? Please???
-LeRoy3rd

Last edited by leroy3rd; 17-09-2006 at 12:28 AM.
leroy3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
Fallenswordsman

Sorry this has happened, Leroy. From the Challenges forum, I see that David, the Site owner, appears to be off at the moment. People who entered the last challenge are still awaiting his return to dole out prizes as necessary.

That's all I can tell you I'm afraid. Seems a bit off as well since the person in the thread below equally had difficulties contacting someone. I've had a problem in the past that David personally followed up on straight away, so hopefully you can get some level of resolution soon, but it seems a shame that whilst he is away, customer services doesn't seem quite up to scratch.:hug:
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

I figured there was a reasonable explaination, the forums was my last-ditch-effort to make sure that someone recieved my issue. I found it odd that my billing went through immediately, AND that I had access to all but two tutorials... I'm sure it's just a "bug" somewhere in the system.

-LeRoy3rd

(Any idea if/when simply3dworld.com will be live?)
Old 17-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Fallenswordsman

To be honest, Leroy, this kind of thing really annoys me. Yes, David may be away but at least he could have left someone in place to mop up or at least he could have mentioned on the site that he would be away for a certain amount of time. I feel sorry for you and anyone else who is having customer services problems right now simply because there is nobody watching the show. I just hope this is not a sign of the site going belly-up. There was a time in the last month or so that the site was down and somebody out there, presumably an admin got it back up again so I'm assuming there has been someone recently at least watching the back end of things but it must be frustrating as hell to not get any support at all. I was thinking of buying a tutorial myself recently, but I really don't think I want to risk it right now considering the problems other people are having.

I'm just wondering if the problems are a result of the recent server outage....
Old 17-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #5
Fallenswordsman

Brainwave time for me (and there aren't many of them!)

What I would try if I were you is to go over to SimplyMaya which is a much more active forum and try and contact Tubby from there from within the SimplyMaya DVD area part of the forum. You might have a bit more luck.

And lastly, the copy and pasted thingy from the SimplyMaya forums:

Got problems with your DVD order ?

Your DVD not arrived ?

Wrong or missing DVD's ?

Damaged DVD's ?

DVD's won't play ?

Then contact postukandeurope@simply3dworld.com for Europe and the rest of the planet or postusandcan@simply3dworld.com for the US and Canada and not the site admin.

These things do happen and I`ll do my best to correct any problems that have occurred.

Give as much information as you can about the order you placed and as much as you can about the problem you have.

ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS.

general info on DVD orders

All orders are processed in the order they arrive.

All orders are filled and posted the same day (dependant on the time of order).

The time your receive your DVD's is dependant to where its going, so don't expect your order to reach you the next day if you live in Australia.

Custom DVDr`s

These follow the above rules. However If your ordering a lot of tutorials try to do it in one order, your paying for tutorials not disc's.

This saves you having your order spilt into different post packets.

Delivery

From the UK

Delivery 4 -14 days for both US and the rest of the World for all orders
Delivery 4- 21 days for Australia and New Zealand

Last edited by Fallenswordsman; 17-09-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 17-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

I'm going to try to email postukandeurope@simply3dworld.com today (this was listed in my emails as well as David's address), but since it isn't really a shipping problem, I was hoping to get this resolved without contacting them. I'll let you know what happens. :headbang:

-LeRoy3rd
Old 19-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

It's been nearly a week... I'ver heard NOTHING. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I am at my wits end, almost ready to wash my hands of simplylightwave and walk away. I still haven't been refunded my 5 points... i still can't download shiny metal things and candle lit scene (which I paid for), and I still don't even know if my DVDs have been SENT!!!!!

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!:angery:
-LeRoy3rd
Old 20-09-2006, 05:40 AM   #8
Fallenswordsman

Leroy - salesag got more luck by posting at SimplyMaya. Personally considering the present situation and the fact that SimplyLightwave seems to have just been left without any admins watching over it makes me want to give up and leave too. Someone better have a good explanation for this.
Old 20-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #9
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Actually, I DID post at simplymaya.com... It's been over a day now, and nothing from them either.

-LeRoy3rd
Old 20-09-2006, 06:07 AM   #10
Fallenswordsman

Try reposting in the SimplyMaya dvd Area - that's where salesag managed to get sorted out from. It did take him a day or two, granted and they deleted his post straight afterwards.
Old 20-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Thanks! Posted in the DVD area... keeping fingers crossed... It's gonna take a LOT to restore my faith in this site... ... ...

-LeRoy3rd
Old 20-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #12
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

A response from Kurt at simplymaya.com:

"Once Dave or tibby see this post i sure they can help you out..."

That DOES NOT help........ :headbang:

-LeRoy3rd
Old 20-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #13
Fallenswordsman

I'm still amazed nobody is watching these forums. I mean yeh we're not overly prolific but still popping by every so often and hitting the view new posts button doesn't take too long. I believe Kurt is SimplyMaya's equivalent of Nemac - tutorial writer but doesn't really have much to do with the admin side of things. Hopefully Tubby will drop by soon...

If its any consolation I've been waiting over two weeks for my mobile phone company to switch contracts for me - I've spent over two hours on hold for someone to tell me that they can't do anything and lord only knows how many hours waiting for promised "We'll call you back's" that never emerge. Hate poor customer service.
Old 20-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Fallenswordsman
If its any consolation I've been waiting over two weeks for my mobile phone company to switch contracts for me - I've spent over two hours on hold for someone to tell me that they can't do anything and lord only knows how many hours waiting for promised "We'll call you back's" that never emerge. Hate poor customer service.
Ouch!!! I guess it's going around!!! You know what the hard part of this is? I'm really irritated, HOWEVER, the tutorials ARE GOOD! Even with all of this, I find myself thinking, "Wow, that new 'Art Supplies' tutorial looks great..." I will admit, though, that each day I recieve no admin response, it does diminish my enthusiasm...

-LeRoy3rd
Old 20-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #15
Fallenswordsman

Leroy - I've PMed you....