Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Animation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
paintballfrog99
Registered Member

Default moving objects in layout

Hey guys, I got a quick question. In Layout, when I move a object it looks like it would in the bounding box view, when its one of the other views, which makes it hard to see where im putting stuff.
thanks for any help I get.
paintballfrog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Ave
Registered Member

if I understand your question correctly.......

click scene editor/open and look for your object in the list... on the left hand side of the objects name, under the column with the small eye icon is another place where you can change the view type of a specific object..... make sure that your object isnt set to bounding box here......... that will keep it a bounding box, no matter what you do in the viewport

is this what you mean??

if its only becoming a bounding box when you move the object, then it could be that your display is no able to update quick enough- I had that happening to me a while ago when I had a lot of objects in my scene, I had to go into scene editor and hide a few objects that I wasnt using

Last edited by Ave; 07-02-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
Mark
Super Moderator

Hi there. Go into your main options panel and set the bounding box threshold value higher. By default LW sets this to something pitifully low (around 10k polys I think). Drawback being that you won't get such smooth feedback when moving your meshes around [depending on the complexity of the mesh and the performance of your rig].
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
paintballfrog99
Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I got it working fine now.
paintballfrog99 is offline   Reply With Quote