Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 24-07-2004, 02:04 AM   #31
Noratio
Full Access Member

Had a render error this night. Couple of cold packs from freezer took 5 degrees CPU heat down, seems enough. I need to drill ventilation hose to my newer case, or pipe it some other way. Doubt it will help in July or August.
Noratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 03:59 AM   #32
MeanPi2
Registered Member

Take 1 side of the case off or both and slap a house fan right next to it either blowing into the case or out depending on the size of the fan. I used a 14 incher blowing in but due to the air circulation created by the blades (alot at the edges of the fan, little at the middle), turned it around to suck the hot air out. Both worked great in nasty heat, but sucking the air out worked better. If you have air conditioning, just pipe it through the top of your case (untested but my next try since the fan burned up and bought an A/C unit.).

Just a couple 'brute force' suggestions.
Old 24-07-2004, 05:51 AM   #33
Noratio
Full Access Member

Thanks,
Did and CPU @ 37 celcius full charge, opened all windows and doors too. If you use air condition, coldpacks or such cold instances make sure you have real blow going on in case. I had a flood in my case last night, condenced water and there were no holes in bottom like in my older case. Installed second casecooler on fly, just had forgotten to do it. 1. case fan 1500rpm 2. 2800rpm. My moveable room fan diameter is 42 cm.
Old 24-07-2004, 06:37 AM   #34
Noratio
Full Access Member

Result:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/noratio/Raw4_a.zip
Still have time to fix it.
Old 24-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #35
Zeeman
Registered Member

i think the blue guy should shake his head in the end when he closes his eyes. just a thought tho. Good anim all the way.
Zeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 04:36 AM   #36
MeanPi2
Registered Member

I only use fans and want to use A/C. A/C actually sucks the huminity out of a room so no condensation fears blowing to the comp (course I keep the case sides off also)..

You know up until your last video post I had NO idea what your video was about. Not bad. I agree with the head shaking Zeeman meantioned and really like the gestures of the other horse. Nice job.
Old 25-07-2004, 08:58 AM   #37
Noratio
Full Access Member

Thanks,
I should have used more words describing what I'm doing. But if you can put it in few words why bother making several hundred images. Eh, I tend to trust my lousy telepathic skills.

I like the head shaking tip too. I did not manage to do it with IK last night, it was too much for otherwise great Elbow Dir IK. Next I'll do everything else ready, fixed already Keith the Rats mouth, pronounced better Scrap and Art, and played with lights.

If I have time I'll record key for all objects at end and do second render from there with head shaking both head and hands FK.

Last edited by Noratio; 25-07-2004 at 09:02 AM.
Old 27-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #38
Noratio
Full Access Member

I'm probably going to get busy rest of the week and this might be the final.

Made the headwaving and with IK, just had to learn to use extra bank bones in arm, it was done fast but to learn took some time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip raw6a.zip (996.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 27-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #39
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Good progress, Noratio!

Couple things:

The movements seem a bit floaty right now. They are currently kind of slowly "swimming" through the air and such. Watch two people talking and you'll see that movements are generally ver deliberate.

When he screams "In your mouth!" I'd like to see more emphatic movement from the speaker.

Keep it up!
mtmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #40
Noratio
Full Access Member

Yup,
I see what I can do. Can't say that I master Timing and Spacing yet.
Old 29-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #41
Noratio
Full Access Member

I found cure for swimming. I keyed only extremes and no inbetweens and avoided difficult poses. Now I've made more complex poses, done more dense timing adding those extremes. There is bit shaking cause too dense keying I suppose, eyes don't stay inside of skin...some swimming still cause I haven't given the end for movements.

I have to stay awake all nights. It is much better but: nana-nanaaa-naaanaaa I won't show you, or Mike gives me more advices.

Seriously, I think the most enjoyable part of this is just this plying with keys. I don't care that much for modeling.
Old 29-07-2004, 01:05 PM   #42
chrispo
Full Access Member

nice one, I thought I was being smart with the monster talking back... you had it first, well done mate.

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #43
Fallenswordsman

I have to agree with Mike on the more emphasized movement when the horse is shouting "In your mouth" but this is great progress you're showing here.
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:53 AM   #44
MeanPi2
Registered Member

Love the arm wiggles in your posted final at "..is art!", fantastic touch.