Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 15-07-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
koots
Full Access Member

Default Philip

Philip would you consider coming out with some sort of schedule for when new vip or free tutorials are coming out. I think that might help increase the number of people buy vip points, because if they know of a tutorial that is coming soon that they interested in, I think they might be more willing to buy vip points. I know that if I saw something coming up on the schedule that I knew I wanted I would make sure and save for it!!!! Or even give me something to look forward to I just downloaded some of the vip tutorials and they are amazing!!!, much better then any one of the 5 books I have bought on lightwave!!! I am sure everyone agrees as well:p
-koots
koots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
koots
Full Access Member

what does everyone else think?? good or bad post your thoughts.
Old 15-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
mrunion
Full Access Member

I like the idea.

But I also get the impression that not even Phillip may know exactly what's next and when. I just make it a policy to try and have a few dollars "available" at all times so if I get suprised with a tute, I grab it.

($0.02 worth)
Old 15-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
jalingo
Full Access Member

I think that is a good idea but schedules are a tricky thing. A quarterly schedule might be a good idea for revealing new tutorials, and updates to existing tutorials.

My problem, and this is why I haven't bought points yet, is I want a tutorial that is finished so I can go from start to finish. However, not knowing when long tutorials, like the Strat tutorial, are going to be finished isn't good for prospective point purchasers. Perhaps a few shorter - more specialized and interesting ones, like the lava lamp tute, might be good also.

Most important, I'd rather that Philip spend the needed time to do a great job on the tutorials so they're top quality. That way no one could refuse to buy points. I think the free tutorials are already of this caliber. And, I think there needs to be no additional free tutorials - it's time to start buying points to support this great site.

And...
jalingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2003, 09:50 PM   #5
jalingo
Full Access Member

...I just bought 14 points! I figured, enough blabbing, it's time to start using this site and stop feeling like a spectator. Now, what tutorials to download?
jalingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 12:33 AM   #6
Johnny9ball
Super Moderator

I agree the vip tutorials are amazing. The ability to watch a master use lightwave I priceless. The Quality of Philips work is Photorealistic.

About Philip posting a schedule for tuts, I think its a good idea but I know Philip is a Freelance 3D artist and its would be hard to schedule the release of the tuts when he gets a lot of work out of the blue. In the past Philip has given us teasers of tuts he is working on and I think that is great. But ultimatly its up to Philip cause he is the one who does the tutorials and I dont know exactly how a tut schedule would or could fit into his daily routine. We will have to wait paitently for an answer from the Master as I am but a Lowly Apprentice padawan.

Johnny9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 06:31 AM   #7
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

I know it doesnt really have anything with a tutorial schedule to do but a good thing to do while waiting for new parts to be released is to apply the techniques youve learnt to your own projects, its good training and you make sure that you really understood the tutorial.
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #8
Endorphin
Full Access Member

i think you can't rush art.... but little more frequent would be nice Philip...
it would be nice if the VIP-members receive an e-mail when new tuts are available
Old 16-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #9
koots
Full Access Member

i didn't mean rush art, but i see how a schedule might do that. maybe a tentative outline would be better?? nothing with dates on it but rather a list or something for things that he might have coming in the future.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:14 AM   #10
philip
Tutorial Clown

you have a point there. So here's what you can expect for the next couple of weeks:

- start of the fishbowl tutorial

- continuing the Mc Laren tutorial (more detailing on the body, then modeling the wheels, then rendering)

- texturing and rendering of the strat (with a breakdown on a sunburst texture in Photoshop)

- closing off the basic head

I'm still planning to do a tutorial on indoor lighting, we'll just need a room for that... (anyone care to donate a model? :p)

I can't really put any dates on these; as you all know I'm making a living as a freelance 3D artist which usually means tight deadlines and that I have to do any job that comes my way, *when* it comes...
Old 01-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #11
Johnny9ball
Super Moderator

Cool Thanks for the lookie ahead

Johnny9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #12
philip
Tutorial Clown

here's one more: Cory just told me he was building a room for me to use in the lighting tute... so this one might be closer than you think... or not :p
Old 05-08-2003, 01:09 AM   #13
koots
Full Access Member

o i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!